Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Mustard seeds : 1tsp
Cumin Seeds : 1tsp
Urad Dal : 1tsp2 : finely chopped
dried red chilli : 2no
garlic cloves(minced) : 3no
- Wash green mango,then cut it into small cubes.
- Take toordal, mango, onion, chilli powder and turmeric in a pressure cooker. Add one and half cups of water. Close the lid and pressure cook until 3 whistles. Turn off the heat and wait for the pressure to go off.
- The contents usually are cooked soft by now, add salt and with a wood masher or whisker, mash the dal, until all the toordal turns into fine mush.
- In a pan , heat oil/ghee, once hot add ingredients in this order. First add mustard and cumin seeds, garlic and dried red chilies. Then urad dal and curry leaves and toast.
- Remove the mashed mango dal from pressure cooker and add it to the popu . Stir to mix and cover the vessel with a lid so that the dal could absorb the flavors of popu. Turn off heat.
- Serve Hot with Jeera rice/ white rice .